By Prashaant KD, Post updated on 2018-09-26 21:46:09
- 1 How to improve Google PageRank?
- 2 Steps to Improve Page Rank
- 3 Plan your digital marketing strategy
- 4 Keyword stuffing
- 5 SEO Content Writing
- 6 Social Media Marketing
- 7 Have an Email Marketing Strategy
- 8 Mobile Marketing
- 9 Get familiar with Google RankBrain
- 10 What is Google RankBrain? How does it work?
- 11 Twitter Marketing
- 12 Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not dead
- 13 Mobile friendliness
- 14 Searches have become personal and predictive
- 15 Have a good local SEO strategy in 2018
- 16 The main benefits of WordPress platform are:
- 17 Set up a Google Analytics Account
- 18 About the Author-Prashaant KD
How to improve Google PageRank?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO has changed a long way. As compared to 10 years ago!
Today the focus is entirely on the user. To provide a relevant answer to search queries, at the right time and with speed.
Accuracy and reliability of information are very important for search engines.
The SEO experts need to work hard and do proper research of the data and source of information.
In the blog, we shall see how SEO can help improve in the ranking of web pages.
To be visible on the first page of Google or to improve your organic search appearance in Google search takes time and effort.
All businesses wish and like to be on the first page of search engine rankings or search engine result pages (SERP).
As per Google, page speed is one of major influencing ranking factor while deciding your website page rank.
You can analyze your PageRank algorithm at above link and follow the Google recommendations to increase page speed.
Check your website speed at Google page speed tool Insights
There are over 200 Google PageRank ranking signals which decide the ranking of pages of your website.
So how can businesses use these ranking signals to improve their search rankings? In 2018 let’s start a systematic planning, strategy, and execution of methods to boost your Google PageRank plan.
Steps to Improve Page Rank
There are a systematic method, planning and appropriate financial resource allocation devoted to achieving your Google search appearance goal.
But for a long-term, you have to devote time and efforts.
There are two simple ways to achieve your above brand building goal and acquiring new customers.
First, do it by yourself!
This requires time devotion. Still, you are not sure how much time it will take to deliver desired results.
Still, you are not sure how much time it will take to deliver desired results.
Secondly, hire services of a digital marketer. To be visible on Google search engine result pages (SERP) and in social media, businesses need to allocate some of their financial resources to get timely results.
Even if you are doing online marketing on your own or hiring an SEO professional or expert, given below are some important guidelines to which all businesses must pay attention.
Plan your digital marketing strategy
Have a methodical plan for your digital marketing strategy in 2018. Involve all the key stakeholders in your organization.
Setup well-defined goals your company wants to achieve in 2018.
It is a teamwork and every small input can be of great value in making a strategic planning for increasing sales of your products & services.
Generally, digital marketers get carried away in a haste to stuff keywords in their content marketing strategy. All the keywords which are used repeatedly in your blog articles or content thereby creating a poor quality content. This is called keyword stuffing or keyword stacking.
Google bots are smart enough to identify thin quality pages. The main purpose of your content writing should be to provide quality information over the web.
It should be useful to your visitors coming to your website for information relating to goods or services of your company or brand.
- Write high-quality articles with the intent of providing useful information to your website visitors.
- Use the keyword tool to identify the search terms your business customers are searching for
- Writing blogs regularly will update your clients about your product & services
- Use your main keywords sparingly 2 -3 keywords per 500 words.
- Content marketing is very effective in increasing website traffic, generating leads, enabling sales and contributing to SEO by complete website optimization.
SEO Content Writing
Content marketing, content writing or blog writing for your company is very important. They are the main face of your company.
These are very vital to improve your Google Pagerank.
Given below are some important free article writing tips:
- Create original or fresh content
- Create an informative Anchor Text for your titles and links. It helps in on page SEO
- Try to use simple language for your readers to understand easily
- Avoid grammatical mistakes
- Use your article title carefully. It should have a connection with your main article
- Use keywords wisely. Don’t overload your blog content or articles with it
- Use rich media in your articles such as images, infographics, presentations etc.
- Create link-worthy content
- Keep your articles reader-friendly with an emotional touch
- Use empathy in your articles. Put yourself in the position of your customers seeking information/solution.
- Give honest opinions/view/suggestion to your readers
- Built a loyal pool of readers or customers
- Promote your content on all social media sites
- Update yourself with Google Panda, Google Penguin and Google Hummingbird updates
So now you have a useful, informative and well-researched content ready and published it on your website.
You want visitors to visit your new blog post by submitting it to the Google search engine called indexing.
The SEO tools you have applied to your website will take some time may be days or months.
You cannot afford to wait so long. You have to promote your website content through a social network. Submit your post to social sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ etc.
Organizations are today aware of the importance and role of social media platforms in marketing and promotion of their products and services.
Web marketing is the buzz of today’s online marketing.
It is a time-consuming task but yet very vital for your business to connect with their clients.
By having a presence at various social sites such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn and much more, your company can enhance its brand value and reach out to remote market which was not possible earlier.
If you can take some time or have a team who can dedicate time for social media optimization it is a great choice.
But if you are unable to do both then you can think of hiring a social media marketing companies to achieve your business goals.
They have all the skills and knowledge to start off with a result oriented social media strategy.
Have an Email Marketing Strategy
Email marketing is often ignored today since the popularity and growth of social network marketing.
Emails even today are more effective, direct and meaningful way to link directly with your clients.
Compared to the desktop the share of mobile visitors has significantly increased during past years. The number of smartphone users is the crucial segment of your audiences to focus on.
As per the reports from the Mobile Marketing Association and Radium One, digital marketers are yet to completely penetrate into their mobile marketing strategy in 2018.
As per the report, after taking interview of over 300 digital marketers they were still not convinced that they have fully understood their consumer behaviour
Get familiar with Google RankBrain
You must have seen in movies robots performing the task with their Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The same technology Google has applied in its new Google search algorithm Google RankBrain.
What is Google RankBrain? How does it work?
As said above it is an artificial intelligence called Machine Learning. With machine learning, machines are able to learn what to do without the aid of a human programmer or software developer.
The Intelligent algorithms are modelled after neural networks in the human brain; teach software programs how to complete tasks on their own.
Software engineers no longer need to reprogram these computer systems; the software learns, adapts, and updates it.
Twitter is being used all over the world by people to express their emotions, feeling and opinions.
People like to keep pace with what’s happening around them.
Visitors are logging into their Twitter accounts for not only what their peers, celebrities, politicians and friends are expressing.
They are even ready to open up brands and organizations. They are ready to hear from them about their product & services.
According to Emarketer, Google and Facebook, jointly occupy almost (51.6%)share of their paid advertisement market. Twitter is the 3rd most preferred channel.
Given below are the few tips to spice up your Twitter marketing efforts:
- Conduct Twitter Polls
- By induction twitter polls, you can understand the opinion and views about your brands
- Upload Native Videos
Native videos should be an important part of your Twitter marketing strategy for 2018.
Twitter has its native video duration of 140 seconds.
This duration is sufficient to update your consumers about any new product & services or provide other valuable information.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not dead
SEO in 2018 is going to be more unpredictable and challenging with the advent of new technologies applied by search engines.
It revolves around artificial intelligence, digital assistants, voice search, machine learning and much more.
On page SEO and SEO analysis in 2018 has to be proved with established data and changes in search trends of consumers. While making an SEO strategy a few key points to be taken note are:
Google has been regularly emphasizing the importance of the mobile-first approach in their search engine result pages (SERP).
They are building a mobile-first index and it is clearly visible the preference of an Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) ahead of non-amp pages.
Searches have become personal and predictive
With the emergence of voice assistance, Amazon Alexa and Google Home, it is quite evident that searches have become highly personalized and search queries have become conversational.
Visitors in Google search are no longer typing hospital + locations; instead, they are speaking “hospitals near me”.
You can test the mobile-friendliness of your website by following the link and logging into your google search console account
Have a good local SEO strategy in 2018
All the thoughts are given above are in general and may take some time to deliver results.
For small and mid-sized businesses that are interested in their nearby areas or limited to a particular city, a local SEO strategy is very vital for them.
To start with:
- Verify your Google my business listing and claim your Google my business page. The process takes maximum 2 weeks and your business starts appearing in Google listings.
- Be sure to have a same consistent business address (contact information) on all online platforms. Ensure the business name, address, and phone number of each of your company locations is consistent throughout the website (homepage, contact us page, header, footer, etc.) and on other websites like Google My Business, Yelp and Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- Embed a Google Map on your website and include a GeoTag to show your location to search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yandex etc.
- Submit your website to local business directories for citations
- Request and insist on your clients or customers write a review for your business.
- Publish a separate website page for each geographical location of your business.
- Optimize meta tags, meta description, meta keywords and your website page content for local search keywords
- Use WordPress as your preferred Content Management System (CMS)
- WordPress is the most used platform for websites as compared to Drupal or Joomla. It has incredible features and most importantly no coding knowledge is essential.
- Anyone can straightaway start using this WordPress content management system. This is the main use of it. It is free software and can be downloaded at www.wordpress.org. Generally, it comes free along with all web hosting service providers.
The main benefits of WordPress platform are:
- Writing and publishing content/articles is easy
- It has SEO friendly permalinks
- No coding language knowledge is essential
- RSS feed stands for Really Simple Syndication. They improve SEO by sending your content to a feed directory with a link coming back to your website
- Great support through forums and blog post articles
- It has an infinite number of free and paid plugins
- In WordPress, you can ping new articles or posts
- Images can be optimized for SEO purposes
- Create categories and tags for a user-friendly experience
- Easy submission of Google sitemaps
- Your website can be linked directly to your Google Analytics account and Google Adwords account
Set up a Google Analytics Account
Now as you have done all the hard work as mentioned above now it’s time to assess the result of your internet marketing efforts.
The first thing your business needs to do is set up a Google Analytics Account.
Website analysis should be the core of your digital marketing strategy.
Google analytics account summarizes complete details of your website traffic, reach, search, indexability, audiences, crawl status sitemap errors, structured data and much more.
It will take some time for you to understand the technicalities and jargons used.
You can visit helpful resources from Google to understand them.
Now you can analyze your website traffic its source, paid or organic search, geographical locations, mobile or desktop visitors, and many more useful reports.
You have the option to create your own customized reports.
If you have not yet started with this free tool from Google, please start right now!
To implement the above recommendations take the help of the best SEO company in Mumbai.
There are various key performance indicators (KPI’S) to look for.
By understanding how your website is performing in Google Search you can have a better digital marketing plan which can help you in improving your page rank efforts.
365 digital marketing is a digital marketing agency in:
- Rest of Mumbai
- Navi Mumbai,
- Mira Road
If you want further details or discuss your company’s online / internet marketing strategy, please feel free to call us at +91-8879181833 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.